Talk (prayer candles)
- Tonight I thought we could spend some time praying...talking to God
- But, rather than saying lots of words like we did last time, I thought we would try something different...
- When we think about praying, most of us will think about talking to God by using words
- but we can also pray and talk by God without using words...we can pray by
the things we do.
- Let me give you an example:
- If X gave Y a kiss
what would you be saying?
- If you thumped X thumped Y...what would you be saying?
- By hanging around your friends...what are you saying?
- The same kind of thing is true with God...we can talk to God through:
- our actions / things we do
- our thoughts
- So what we are going to do tonight is light a little candle to represent
our prayer to God
- We're going to ask him to bring 'light' into the situation we are praying
- John 8:12 Page 1071
"I am the light of the world. The person who follows me will never live in
darkness but will have the light that gives life"
- If you don't want to thats ok
- But before we do that I want you to write on your candle what your prayer is about
- For example : mine says....
- [Hand the candles / pencils out...you might want to give them
newspapers to help them think. After a few minutes come back together]
- If you want to, one at a time come up and light your candle...
- If you'd like to tell us what your pray is about...just say so...
- I'll start, then you (point) come up
- Then when everybody has had a go, I'll say another prayer and thats it!
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates