- Today I thought we would spend a bit of time seeing what the Bible has to say about a
few different aspects of our lives...
The middle bit
- Print the following texts from Proverbs onto separate slips.
- Put the slips into a container an ask someone to take one and read it out aloud.
- Then discus each one in term. Here are some examples:
- Proverbs 17:14 "Starting
a quarrel is like a leak in a dam, So stop it before a fight breaks out"
- Will anybody admit to quarrelling / fighting?
- Why do we quarrel?
- Why do you think the Bible says this?
- Do you think you would find it hard to stop quarrelling?
- Proverbs 3:4 "Trust the Lord will all your heart, and don't trust your own understanding"
- Proverbs 27:1 "Don't praise yourself, let someone else do it."
- Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loves you all the time, and a brother helps you in a time of
- Proverbs 19:1 "It is better to be poor a honest, than to be foolish and tell lies"
- Proverbs 10:4 "A lazy person will end up poor, but a hard worker will become rich"
- Proverbs 10:12 "Hatred stirs up trouble, but love forgives all wrongs"
The end bit
- [Pray about the issues raised]
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates