Talk (Popularity / Mean Girls)
- Tonight we are going to be talking about popularity / fitting in / making
- Something that you are all going to be dealing with in the months ahead
- We're going to start by watching a clip from Mean Girls
- [Mean Girls]
- Chapter 1 & 2 (First 12 minutes of the film). Stop just after Cady
talks about the first boy she was infatuated with...
- This film is basically about being popular
- In every school / work place there are a bunch of "popular" people
- Maybe you're part of that group
- If not, I suspect that at sometime or another you have wanted to be...
- What are the main groups at school?
- What about in the village?
- What makes each of these groups different?
- How do these different groups relate to each other?
- What group do you think you are in?
- Are you part of the the "popular" crowd?
- What does being "popular" bring?
- is it all good?
- does it have any bad points?
- Being popular is not always what it seems...
- Sometimes to be "popular" means you have to do certain things to fit in...
- What might those things be?
- What do you think about these things...do you agree with them?
- In September some of you are going to face these dilemmas in a very real
- Some of you will be at six form / collage and you'll be meeting new
- How are you feeling about this?
- The Bible tells us to trust God...and he will help
- Psalm 37:5
"Let the LORD lead you and trust him to help"
- How do you think collage will affect your friendships?
- What will become of your old friends?
- Do you think you will change?
- Have you ever changed yourself to try fitting in?
- What if it meant going against what you thought was good / right?
- Don't be surprised if you find it difficult when you first start
- Just remember, trust God and when you feel alone God is still with you!
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2007 Nigel Coates