Talk (Friends / girlfriends / boyfriends)
- Jigsaw puzzle versions of each of the four Proverb verses:
- Response sheet
- To start tonight I want you to get into two’s or three’s and pick a jigsaw
puzzle to complete
- All these puzzles have one thing in common...see if you can work it out
- [Hand out puzzles - give them some time to try put them together]
The middle bit
- [Get someone one from each of the groups to read out their puzzle]
- Proverbs 11 : 27
"Try hard to do right and you will win friends; go
looking for trouble and you will find it."
- What do you think this means?
- “Go looking for trouble and you will find it” what is this trying to
- What do you think this could mean when looking for a girl/boyfriend?
- Proverbs 13:20
"Wise friends make you wise, but you hurt yourself going around with
- How do you choose your friends?
- What makes a wise friend?
- What makes a foolish friend?
- Do you think this verse could apply to a girl / boyfriend?
- Proverbs 18:24
"Some friends don’t help, but a true friend is closer than
- Can you describe a time when a friend has helped you more than a
- How do you think this means we should treat our friends?
- How do you think we should treat our girl/boyfriends?
- Proverbs 16:28
"Gossip is no good it causes hard feeling and comes between
- What damage can gossip do to a friendship?
- What damage could gossip do to a relationship?
- How can gossip damage your reputation?
- Friendships are precious and can make us very happy or sometimes sad.
- When a relationship starts off as a friendship it gives us time to get to
know the person
- Relationships are about sharing yourself with someone. Would you want to
do that with someone you didn’t know very well?
- The puzzles have giving us some wise advice.
- I want you to spend a few moments now thinking if there is anything from
these verses you think you should remember before starting a relationship or
during a relationship.
- [Hand out the A5 sheet]
- Look at what the verses say...circle or underline any think that seems
relevant to you...
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2006 Hiede Coates