- Tonight we're going to talk about respect...
- But before we do that...let's see what some other people have to say about
- [Watch the 'Respect video']
- This video is 3 and half minutes long and is a series of short
interviews asking people what 'respect' means to them
- [Hand out worksheets and pens]
- We've just heard some different views on what respect is...
- I'd like you to spend a moment and think about
- Who you respect
- Why you respect them
- Write your thoughts on the sheet
- [Give them a bit of time]
- Would anyone like to tell us what they wrote?
- Now the Bible says quite a bit about respect...
- 1 Peter 2:17 (CEV)
"Respect everyone and show special love for God's people. Honour God and
respect the Emperor"
- Leviticus 19:3
"Every one of you must respect his mother and father. "Keep my Sabbaths. I
am GOD, your God"
- Leviticus 19:32 (CEV)
"I command you to show respect for older people and to obey me with fear
and trembling. "
- What does it mean to respect someone?
- How do we show respect?
- While we can talk to God like a friend, we still need to show our respect
for who God is
- We do that in the same sort of ways that we show respect to other people
- [Reflect back some of the statements they said about how to show
- Sometimes showing respect will cost us...
- To respect God means putting him first in your life
- And not been ashamed of that
- If we stand up for God...Jesus will stand up for us...
- Luke 12:8 (TM)
"Stand up for me among the people you meet and the Son of Man will stand up
for you before all God's angels. "
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2006 Nigel Coates