Talk (Prayer collage)
- Pens / glue
- Lining paper
- A funny picture
- Put out four separate tables, each with some papers etc. on them
- Tonight we're going to be thinking about prayer...communicating / talking
- There are lots of different ways to communicate with people
- talking, like I am now
- pictures...[show the "funny picture"]
- text messaging
- our body language [get some one to pose with attitude]
- God does not mind how we communicate with him
- It's more important that we try in whatever way suits you
- So we'd like you to spend the next 10 minutes looking through the papers.
- Think about...
- What happened in the world this week?
- What's happening in our lives and those around us?
- What are you thankful for?
- What are you worried about?
- Cut out any words, pictures that stand out to you
- Stick them to the paper for "God to see"
- [Give about 10 minutes for them to come up with something]
- [Invite each table to explain their collage and finish with a prayer]
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2006 Nigel Coates