Talk (Forgiveness / Kevin & Perry)
- Tonight we are going to look at forgiveness…
- We are going to start by watching a clip from the film Kevin and Perry
- [Kevin and Perry]
- 1 hour 6 min 47 - Perry arrives back at
- 1 hour 9 min – both slap hands
The middle bit
- So we have just seems Kevin and Perry making up and forgiving each other…
- What would you save forgiveness is?
- The dictionary says forgive is ‘to stop blame or holding resentment’
- Can anyone think of a time where you had to forgive someone or someone
had to forgive you?
- What do you think about the saying ‘forgive and forget’?
- How easy do you think it is to do that?
- Should we forgive someone no matter what they have done?
The Bible bit
- The Bible has a lot to say on forgiveness…
- Matthew 6:14 – 15
“…if you forgive others for their sins, your Father in heaven will also
forgive you for your sins. But if you don’t forgive others, your Father in
heaven will not forgive your sins”
- What do you think about those verses?
- Do you think God is being too harsh?
- To finish off, I thought we would take an opportunity to think about our
- Is there something you need to say sorry to God about?
- I’d like you to write it on this piece of paper…
- Keep hold of it…
- The Bible says that if we ask God for forgiveness, and mean it, it’s as if
that thing never happened…
- There would be no proof
- In the same sort of way, we’re going to burn you paper so nobody except
God knows what you have written
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2005 Nigel Coates and