Talk (Miracles / The Green Mile)
- Tonight we are going to talk about miracles…
- To get us thinking about this we’re going to watch a clip from The Green
- Scene 26 – 27
- remember to skip the swear words at the end of scene 26!
The middle bit
- In the clip, the prison guards saw a dead mouse brought back to life
- If you were in that room, what you would be thinking?
- I would want to know what he had done to the mouse…
- Was it a trick or was it real?
- Should we always believe what we see?
- Some people would say that these things only happen in movies, what do
- Over the years I’ve meet several people who say they have heard God
speaking to them or God has healed them in someway
- How would you describe a miracle?
- A miracle is something that defies nature…it seems impossible…
- What makes a miracle a miracle?
- Have you ever experienced anything that you can’t explain?
The Bible bit
- The Bible is full of miracles
- John 2:1-11 Turning Water into wine
- John 6:1-14; Matt 14:13-21; Mark 6:32-44; Luke 9:10-17 Feeding of the 5000
- John 11:1-46 The raising of Lazarus
- Why do you think Jesus performed those miracles?
- So that people might believe in him
- Show that he was who he said he was (fulfilling prophesy etc)
- A lot people find it hard to believe that miracles really happened.
What do you think?
- How important is it that Christians believe this stuff?
- If you could perform miracle, what would you do?
- Do you think miracles still happen….?
- 1 Cor 12 says that some people will be given this gift
- It’s ok to struggle with miracles…
- Lot’s of people do, even those who you think are ‘good’ Christians
- It’s true that God asks us to trust him, but he also gave you a brain for
- Personally, I have come to a place where I accept that these things
happened but I can’t explain them…I just have to trust God that there is a
reason for it.
- I also believe that God is more interested in how you live out your faith
on a day-day basis than whether you’ve sorted out every little thing you
- This is something we all need to work out for ourselves
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2005 Nigel Coates