Talk (Miracles / Drama)
- Is there is more to life that what we can see?
- God has the power to change us and meet us where we are
- Tonight we’re going to be thinking about miracles…
- Who can tell me what that word means?
- A miracle is something that defies nature…it seems impossible…
- [In case you don’t know what a miracle is…we’re going to show you one]
- The Bible tells us that Jesus performed many miracles…
- Tonight, I’d like you to retell some of those them using drama
- Get into groups….come up with a drama based on one of the following Bible
- John 2:1-11 Turning Water into wine
- John 6:1-14; Matt 14:13-21; Mark 6:32-44; Luke 9:10-17 Feeding of the
- John 11:1-46 The raising of Lazarus
The middle bit
- Why do you think Jesus performed those miracles?
- So that people might believe in him
- Show that he was who he said he was (fulfilling prophesy etc)
- Do you think these stories are true or just made up?
- If you could perform miracle, what would you do?
- Do you think miracles still happen….? Why / Why not?
- Over the years I’ve meet several people who say they have heard God
speaking to them
- Or God has healed them in someway
- Have you ever experienced a miracle…something you can’t explain?
- What was it?
- [Be prepared to give an example...]
- Whether you believe it or not the Bible tells us that God has the power to
change your life and my life…
- God still has the power to do miracles
- To heal your hurts…to change your world
- The question is...are you prepared to let him?
- [Finish by praying for those things we’d like to see happen]
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates