Talk (Prayer / Bruce Almighty)
- Explore what prayer is really about
- Bible reading
- Tonight we’re going to talk about prayer…
- We’re going to start by watching a clip from Bruce Almighty
- [Bruce Almighty]
- 1 hour 7 min: Bruce goes out the backdoor of the restaurant
- 1 hour 11 min: Bruce replies ‘yes’ to everybody’s prayers. He says
‘Now everybody is happy’
The middle bit
- What is prayer?
- What kind of things should we pray about?
- Adoration – God your good!
- Confession – I’m sorry
- Thanks giving – Thanks Lord for…
- Other people – Please help my friend…
- Yourself – Please help me…
- Which of these is most important?
- What kind of prayers do most people say?
- What do you think God want us to pray for?
- All of these things are summed up in the Lord’s prayer
- Matthew 6:9 – 13 from The Street Bible
- God in heaven, you’re our dad
- We respect everything you stand for. We want other to.
- Please bring heaven on earth: people living life your way, like the
- Please bring us what we need to keep us going each day
- Please acquit us, as we cancel our grievances and throw them all away
- Please pull us back from the edge of evil, if we’re falling, or being
- ‘Cos you’re all that matters; you’re able to do it and you’re to take
- You’re on your own
- It’s your throne
- How does God answer our prayers?
- Gives us what we need, which is sometimes different to what you want
- If you wanted a gun, would your mum give you one?
- To finish, we’re going to pray
- And just like in the film, we’re going to use post-it’s
- Spend a moment and think…
- What would you like to thank God for
- Is there something you need to say sorry about
- Who or what needs you prayer…friends, village
- Final…what do you need help with
- Take a post-it
- Write your prayer and stick it up!
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates