Talk (Choices / Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade)
- Reflect on some of the choices we have made in recent weeks
- Consider how we make the right choices
- What do we do when we make the wrong choices
- Tonight we are going to talk about choices
- Life is full of them…good ones and bad ones
- Going to start by watching a clip from Indiana Jones and The Last
- In this clip, they have to make a choice
- If they get it wrong, it could cost them their life…
- [Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade]
- 1 hour 43 mins – Crossing the bridge
- 1 hour 49 mins – Indiana returns with the cup
The middle bit
- The people in the clip we’re just seen faced a choice…
- What kind of choices are we faced with?
- In the clip, one guy ‘choose poorly’ and Indiana ‘choose wisely’
- Similarly, we make good / bad choices
- Can you think of any good choices you have made?
- Can you think of any bad choices you have made?
- [Invite one of the leaders to tell us about one of their ‘bad’
- What kind of things effect the choices we make?
- Can you think of a situation where the people you’ve been with effect
the choices you make?
- Drink / smoking / stealing
- What can help us make the right choices?
- Talking about it / prayer / advice
- Friends / family / reading up about it
- God wants us to make the right choices
- To help us, he has given us some advice…some if it is written down in the
- [Invite folk to read some of the following – some are obvious]
- “You must not murder anyone.” (Exodus 20:13)
- “You must not tell lies about you neighbour” (Exodus 20:16)
- “…be in agreement, understanding each other, loving each other as
family, being kind and humble.” (1 Peter 3:8)
- “Here is a simple rule-of-thumb guide for behaviour: Ask yourself what
you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them…”
- “Greet one another with a kiss of love” (1 Peter 5:14)
- “Don't grumble against each other” (James 5:9)
- “Build each other up” (1 Thes 5:11)
- “Love one another deeply from the heart” (1 Peter 1:22)
- "Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life"
- "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves…." (Proverbs 31
- "Try and live in peace with all people, and try to live free from sin…"
- The Bible is full of advice…how to live your life the max…read it
- If you don’t have one…and you want one…speak to me afterwards!
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates
/ Jonathan Worthington