Talk outline (Grief)
Here is an outline for a talk about grief...
- Tonight we’re going to talk about grief
- [Explain what that means – intense sorrow caused by the loss of a loved
- We’re going to start by watching a clip from…
- [Choose from one of the following]
- City of Angels – 1hr 37 (by the lake) – 1hr 47 (on the sofa)
- Forest Gump – 1hr 33 (one day out the blue clear sky) – 1hr 35 (the end)
- Friends series 1 episode 8 – the one where nana dies twice
- Indiana Jones and the last crusade – 1hr 25 (Jones in getting away) –
1hr 35 (come on lets go)
- Lord of the rings – the bit where Gandalf ‘dies’ – ‘you shall not pass’
- How do you think he / she felt when ? died..?
- What is your experience of grief?
- What is worst, finding out, or afterwards?
- Do people ever get over it?
- Why do you think we grieve?
- Grieving shows love – what do you think?
- We grieve over all kinds of things…loss of a loved one, a pet, moving
school, falling out with a friend…
- How does it feel to grieve?
- The Bible reminds us that he Is there for us in our times of need
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
- How does that make you feel?
- Bible also talks about after life…
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14, 17-18
- What do you think about that?
- How do you help someone who is grieving?
- Grief is a powerful thing…
- Finish by thinking about something / one we lost…
- Light a candle for someone / thing...
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates