Talk (Love Hate / Friends - The one with the rumour)
- Tonight I would like you to think about loving your enemies as much as you
- I would like you to watch Friends : The One With The Rumour
- [Friends - The One With The Rumour]
Questions from the video
- In the video, Rachelís Boyfriend Ross admits that he was a founding member of the 'I hate Rachel
club'...but now he loves her
- How would you feel if someone told you they 'hated' you?
- How would you react if you found out that your friend was once a member
of a 'hate club'?
- How would you feel if someone spread a rumour about you?
- Lets see what the bible says about love and hate
- In the Bible there are 2 types of love:
- first is a love like a relationship about marriage and oh la la
- the second love is a friendship love or family love like best friends,
- Matthew 5:43 says
"You have heard that it was said 'You shall love your neighbour and hate
your enemy' but I say to you 'love your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you.' "
- What do you think that means / what are your thoughts on that?
- Romans 12:10
"Love one another with brotherly affection outdo one another in showing
- What do you think that means?
- Do you agree or disagree?
- [Read each line out, stopping to ask what they think about it]
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Describes what love is...
- Love never gives up
- Love cares more for others than for self
- Love doesn't want what it doesn't have
- Love doesn't strut (pompous
- Doesn't have a swelled head
- Doesn't force itself on others
- Isn't always "me first"
- Doesn't fly off the handle
- Doesn't keep score of the sins of others
- Doesn't revel when others grovel
- Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
- Puts up with anything
- Trusts God always
- Always looks for the best
- Never looks back
- But keeps going to the end
- What do you think to all that said about love?
- Write down on this paper some names of people who you think are enemies or
some situations who you or your friends have being in involving Love and or
- Thank you for coming tonight I hope you have enjoyed yourselves and
learned something about love and episode of friends
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 2004 Lauren Dobson / Edited by Nigel Coates