Talk (Shine like stars)
Stuff you need for this talk...
- Fluorescent stars (the type you stick on the ceiling)
- Gold star stickers
- Has anybody here been watching Pop Star's (TV show)?
- What do you make of it?
- Does anybody here like the idea of been a pop star?
- Do you think you would like always been in the "spot light"?
- Get into groups and show me what you think it mean to be a star [drama]
- Now the reason we are talking about this tonight, is the Bible tells us that we are to
be like star's
- Not necessarily like pop star's
- But like star's in sky
- Paraphrase Phil 2:15 P1230 "
we should shine like stars in the dark world that
is full of crooked and evil people
- What do you think that means?
- We live in a world where lots of bad stuff happens
- A world full of
- A world that says your successful when
- Your rich
- Famous (pop star)
- Dress right
- Listen to the right music
- Now the Bible tells us something quite different
- It says youre a star when
- Phil 2:12 P1230
do everything without complaining or arguing
- Because the Bible says that the greed etc. makes the world a dark place
- Whenever we shine like stars, we brighten the place up, we brighten our lives up
- [illustrate this using the fluorescent star - turn the lights out - ask what can you
- So shine like stars!
- Pray using the gold star stickers - peel them off, stick them on each other!
- Dictionary: Star 4. Actor, singer etc., of great celebrity; brilliant or prominent
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates