Talk (Love is...)
Note: there is another version of this talk here
- Today we're going to spend a few minutes looking at Love...
- What it is
- What it's about
- What it isn't
- But before we do that, does anybody what to tell us what you think Love is?
- Believe it or not, if there is one thing the Bible tell you about: it's Love
- It might not be the kind of love that some of you instantly think of, but it's still
- We can read about this in 1 Corinthians 13
- Print out 1 Corinthians 13, from The Message (Page 424). Put each line on a
slip of paper:
- Love never gives up
- Love cares more for others than for self
- Love doesn't want what it doesn't have
- Love doesn't strut (pompous
- Doesn't have a swelled head
- Doesn't force itself on others
- Isn't always "me first"
- Doesn't fly off the handle
- Doesn't keep score of the sins of others
- Doesn't revel when others grovel
- Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
- Puts up with anything
- Trusts God always
- Always looks for the best
- Never looks back
- But keeps going to the end
- Invite members of the group to take a slip, and read the text aloud.
- Discus each line in tern...
- There is a lot to think about
- Lets hope we are getting it right
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates