Eph 5:18 Page 1225 "Do not be drunk with wine which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit [of God]"
1 Peter 4:3 Page 1306 "In the past you wasted too much time doing what non-believers enjoy. You were guilty of sexual sins, evil desires, getting drunk, wild and drunken parties, and hateful idol worship"
1 Cor 3:16-17 Page 1171 "Don't you know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy that person, because God's temple is a holy and you are that temple"
1 Cor 20 Page 1174 [explains that a Christians body is a place where God lives] "because you were bought by God for a price. So honour God with you bodies"
Rom 12 1-2 Page 1157 "So brothers and sisters, since God has shown us great mercy, I beg you to offer your lives as a living sacrifice to him. Your offering must be only for God and pleasing to him, which is the Spiritual way for you to worship. Do not change yourselves to be like the people of this world, but we changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect"
Prov 21 16-17 Page 585 "Who ever does not use good sense will end up among the dead. Whoever loves pleasure will become poor; whoever loves wine and perfume will never be rich"
Prov 23 29-35 Page 588 "Who has trouble? Who has pain? Who complains? Who has unnecessary bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes? ."
- "It would appear that drug experimentation is still spreading among the UK population, particularly among the young (under 25s). "
- "Cannabis is still, after alcohol, the main drug of use in the UK. "
- "The under 30s have the highest adult rates of drug use in the UK, with half (49 per cent) reporting having ever used a drug."
- "One in six (16 per cent) of 11 to 14 year olds have used a drug ever."
- "Two in five (40 per cent) of 14 to 16 year olds will have used a drug."
- "Two in a hundred of 11 to 14 year olds have used in the last year. "
- "Roughly one in three 14 to 16 year olds will have used in the last year."
- "Cannabis is commonly used by teenagers, with 40 per cent of 16 to 19 year olds and a third of 14 to 16 year olds having used it, half of whom are using it regularly."
- "Among 14 to 15 year olds, 9 per cent have used amphetamine, 6 per cent LSD, 3 per cent ecstasy and 6 per cent poppers."
- "Between 6 and 20 per cent of school children have used solvents depending on age and location. Those living in north England and aged 13 to 14 years are most likely to have used."
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates