Talk (Christian Stereotypes...)
- I imagine that most of you have been to church at sometime or another...
- Through that and people we meet, we get our own ideas of what all this Church business
is all about
- Now sometimes our impressions are right and sometimes they are wrong
- Now if you want, we can watch an episode of The Simpsons: Homer the Heretic
- [Homer the Heretic: Video 22 minutes]
- Now I reckon we've just seen some good examples of what people think about Christians
and the Church
- Which one are you like?
- Now the funny thing is that a lot of people believe there is a God, but like Homer, Bart
etc. they put him at the bottom of their list.
- Who do you think God wants you to be like? Homer, Bart, Marge, Ned...
- Proverbs 9:10 Page 575
"Wisdom begins with respect for the Lord, and
understanding begins with knowing the Holy one. If you live wisely, you will live a long
time; wisdom will add years to your life"
- Luke 10.27 P1022
"love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all
your strength and your mind"
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates