Talk (Happiness is...)
- I don't know about you, but there are lots of things that I want out of life
- But I think somewhere near the top of my list would be: To be Happy
- I guess that is something that all of us would like!
- So I thought tonight we would spend sometime thinking about
- What does it mean?
- What make us happy?
- What's God Got to do with all of this?
- Rather than asking you, which we can if you like, I thought you could do some drama to
shown us what you think it means to be happy...
- [Perform drama]
- So we have seen what you think it means to be happy...well let's think about that
- Now lots of clever people have tried to work out what it is that makes us happy
- Some people think is boils down to three things.
Some one to love [display the
word "Love"...pictures etc.?]
Something to do / purpose in life [display the word "purpose"]
Something to look forward to / a future [display the word "future"]
- What do you look forward to?
- Some people spend their whole lives trying to find these things, and some people do.
- The Bible speaks of Happiness:
Psalm 144:15 P562 "Happy are those who are like this;
happy are the people whose God is the Lord"
I came to give life - life in all its fullness
Proverbs 16:20 P581 "..whoever trusts the Lord will be happy"
- I have found that this is generally true, of course there are bad times, but God loves
us no matter
- If you get to know God, somebody you will come to love
- He gives us purpose in life
to do his work
I do [blah] for this reason
- Because he gives us a future, were have something to look forward to
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates