Talk (Lost in the dark?)
- [Note this talk was done after going for a 'midnight walk']
- Did you enjoy our the walk?
- I don't know about you, but I sometimes find walking in the dark a bit scary,
- When I'm alone
- In the middle of know where (like we have just been)
- What about you lot?
- It seems to me that walking in the dark is a bit like life...
- We all have times in our lives when:
- We can't see where we are going
- Are afraid
- Can't see our friends
- Feel alone
- Strange things happen (things go bup in the night)
- Well, that's what I think - life is a bit like that
- Thing is do you think God wants that for us? No!
- God wants the best for us
- He doesn't want us to feel like we are:
- The Bible tells us that if we live our lives for him
- We will be like light in the darkness
- Helping us to see our way forward, and helping others to see
- [Read Matthew 5:14-16]
- So ask yourself - Are you wandering about in the darkness or in the light?
- Which ever it is, God is there for you, all you only need to do is ask!
Youth ideas home page
Copyright 1998-2004 Nigel Coates